Hey Everyone ~ To go along with yesterdays Joy Steeler our to-do list today I want to talk about the Joy Steeler of time. Just like the long list we carry around of our daily tasks we are fighting against time. For me it is the reason my to-do list overwhelms me and steals my Joy because I do not have enough time to finish everything I need to.
“The days are long but the years are short”, I don’t know where this quote came from but I am certain it was a mom. Our to-do list’s are so long and there never seems to be enough time to get it all done and then the day, week, month or year is over and we find ourselves saying “boy that went by fast”
So how to we find our Joy in the midst of a short 24 hours? Get our Frozen on and in the spirit of Elsa say to yourself LET IT GO! Fight against the time by realizing that you may not get it all done and that is okay! I know, it is not easy, but it is possible by watching our thoughts and emotions during the day. When the feelings of anxiety and the spirit of “rush” and “get it all done” comes on you, take a deep breath and pray. Ask God to help you to let go and realize that in the grand scheme of Eternity this is just a speck of time.
Verse: Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
1.For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven.
2. A time to be born and a time to die. A time to plant and a time to harvest.
3. A time to kill and a time to heal. A time to tear down and a time to build up.
4. A time to cry and a time to laugh. A time to grieve and a time to dance.
5. A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones. A time to embrace and a time to turn away.
6.A time to search and a time to quit searching. A time to keep and a time to throw away.
7. A time to tear and a time to mend. A time to be quiet and a time to speak.
8. A time to love and a time to hate. A time for war and a time for peace.
Action for today: When you start to feel the anxious ball inside, tell yourself to “let it go” make it your mantra!
Journal Prompt: Answer this question; What time is it for me?
Me: It is a time to heal and build up, my time to laugh and to dance. It is my time to keep the important memories and throw away the rest. It is my time to be quiet and to speak up about the important things. My time to step into all that God has for me.