Hey there! Happy Friday! Today I want to talk to you about “motivation”
One question I get asked A LOT is “How do you stay motivated?”
It is not as hard as you may think AND you are not alone in your fight to stay committed to yourself and your goals. Even the apostle Paul struggled with staying motivated.
Romans 7:15: I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do what I hate.
The problem is universal. We want to do the right thing. Make the next right choice. And we do, but then we don’t, and we don’t… again. We just can’t seem to stay motivated.
I am going to share with you my top 5 tips for staying motivated and making your goals happen!! (For the sake of making this easier, I am going to focus on motivation for working out) (But you can apply it to any area of your life where you want to see change)
1. Find your why – What is the reason you are making this change in your life? The driving force behind it? That is your why. Some examples to help you brainstorm may be, I want to move my body and stay healthy to avoid disease when I am older. To be able to run and play with my grandchildren. My example: I run so much because I was told I never would. It is my way of bringing glory to God for His healing power continually working in my body. Also… I want to be the healthiest I can be when I am older and I know moving my body and eating healthy will get me there. That is my why!
2. Mindset—> Believe in yourself! You are a strong powerful woman who can do anything you set your mind too. Believing you are capable of reaching your goals will get you there. Have confidence in yourself and in God who is working in you. All things are possible for him who believes. Philippians 4:13
3. Decide Daily – The middle piece of this journey is a daily decision. You make the decision to make a change and implement something new. Bam! Done! But I have found that it takes me remaking that decision everyday. It is not a one time thing. Recommit daily!
4. Take a break. – Do not push yourself too hard. Starting a workout plan (or any goal) and going super hard at it will only lead to burn out. Give yourself time to Rest. Reflect. Recharge. Overworked leads to burnout.
5. Do it messy—> No Perfection – Stop putting unrealistic ideas of how your journey should look in your mind. When you find yourself falling short of that; you will ultimately quit. And please, please guard your heart against comparison. It is a trap to keep you stuck instead of moving forward.
Friday favorites time!!
This!! Oh my gosh yes! Stay in your lane and go as fast or slow as you need to! And don’t apologize for who you are and where you are in life.
I need this in my house. (For me 😉) Find it here ps. follow them on instagram. SO inspiring!
I know these have shown up as a Friday favorite before, but I had some this week and they are worth sharing again.
The perfect quick sweet snack. Found at my local Aldi.
Single serving bags of plantain chips! yes my ability to eat 10 servings at a time has been solved. I found these at Whole Foods.
Remember, I am doing this “life in the middle” with you. Let’s help each other live our best lives with a healthy mindset and strength!