Hey! Hey! Fall is in full swing. Pumpkin & Spice everything nice. 🍂🍁
Cool crisp lazy weekend mornings that call for a cup of something warm, with fresh out of the oven Paleo Banana Muffins. I have made these and even those of you who do not follow a Paleo lifestyle… You are gonna LOVE them!
Paleo Banana Muffins
- 3 extra rip bananas
- 3 Eggs
- 1 TBSP Honey
- 1/2 TBSP Dairy Free Butter (or regular)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- optional dairy free chocolate chips &/or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor (if you do not have one simply use a hand mixer) add bananas, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda & powder, salt, nutmeg and honey, blend until smooth.
- 3. slowly add in coconut flour.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and fold in Chocolate chips and nuts.
- Place in a muffin tin and bake for 30 min. or until golden brown.
- ** Optional , sprinkle cinnamon sugar on the top while they are still hot.
On September 20th we took our first steps forward without Doug.
At the time Doug was still in the hospital and we were in the waiting phase. The girls had come up from College to say their goodbyes while he was still alert and able to recognize them.
He left us on September 28th.
As we began our first steps up the mountain I remembered that it was just 2 years prior that Doug and I took this hike alone. We talked about our 10 year plan. Where we wanted to be. Wanted to go. Where we would serve God. What our marriage goals were. How we wanted things to look.
This hike on September 20th 2020 was of course very different. I knew in my heart Doug wouldn’t be with us much longer. With every step I took I began to think about my plan. (No time limits) Just my plan for my next steps. And with that I realized 3 things to carry with me forward in my first steps with out Doug by my side.
- This is hard and that’s Okay: Taking steps forward can be difficult and that’s okay. Remember, You are Strong. You are Brave.
- Dress for the occasion: My son’s friend (maybe girlfriend 😉) Did not dress right for our hike. Converse sneakers and jeans too snug. She had the hardest time getting up to the top. How can you “dress” for your hard season ahead? Just daily prepare. Check out my free resource under “Resources” for help and encouragement in this area
- Focus on what you have; not what you have lost: GRATITUDE… I have my children, my health and the memories of an amazing man whom I was blessed to call my own for 24 years.
We made it to the top. Not without complaining. Many stops. Chances to turn around and give up. But we kept moving forward. One step at a time. And I soaked it all in. I realize how this time tomorrow it will all be a memory and I wanted to cherish all of it. We have each other and for right now that’s enough for me.
Please share with me how you like the muffins! Hopefully as much as I do.
If you are or someone you know is needing help in a difficult season , be sure to send them to my free resource ” 3 Daily Tasks” for help and encouragement!